Friday, November 26, 2010

the significance of threes

They say luck, whether good or bad, happens in three's--

I've had three heartbreaking things happen in a short span of a week- all sandwiched between one magical trip to the Big(ish) Apple.

These three things have uprooted me emotionally, monetarily, permanently.

All three have been the decision of other people, directly impacting my life.

No wonder I feel helpless.

My life has been rather desperately reaching for something to cling to, for some small root to grab and take hold and secure me to more stable ground. The ground I cling to is far more fragile than myself- often just a future hope, a sliver of opportunity, a speck of a man. Perhaps all only ideals. Easily crumbled.



Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
[In NY; a crooked bowtie means good times]

So, this Thanksgiving, which I almost missed--


I am thankful for the friends and family that remain steadfast- offering a hand when my ground is giving way, pulling me up from the rubble, time and time again. I'm thankful for the people who stay with me, through all of my misgivings and flaws, because of love. I fucking love you too, honestly, absolutely.





ok. No more bad luck, on the count of three...


.

.

.

one

.

.

.

.


two

.

.

.

.

.

.



three.

5 comments:

Daniel Haddad said...

Hey there,
I am very sorry to hear about what you're going through. I feel you, and feel your pain. I know it's beyond what we can imagine, and sometimes we wake up and think it's a dream.
I was diagnosed with an Unclassified High Grade Small Cell Bone Sarcoma in April 2010...Ever since, it's been very tough...

I just wanted to encourage you, and tell you that although it might seem that no one will help you, and that the world is ending, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR CHRIST! Please take a few minutes and browse around my blog: http://www.danielhaddad.org.

I really hope it encourages you...The site is not done yet, but almost there. If it does, please give me a shout back! I will also follow you.

Jesus Christ is our only Comfort and Healer. I really hope and pray that you can give this spiritual route a try, and see how your inner being feels...God is alive, and He loves us! Don't forget this. Life is tough sometimes...

God bless you,

Daniel Haddad

Anonymous said...

Does Jesus Christ have a reliable insurance plan? tough to say.

Just keep on fightin the good fight. Your strength and resolve are inspiring.

Anonymous said...

This situation is shitty for sure. I kind of wish you lived on the east coast and we could hang out. I'm 27 and was diagnosed with a rare form of germ cell ovarian cancer in October of this year - currently undergoing chemo and freaking out about how I will pay for it if I don't finish before my insurance plan ends in January (I have one of Anthem's 6 month short option plans). It's so f-ed up that people (esp our age) have to deal with health shit and then on top of that, deal with the financial stress. As if chemo and other cancer treatment weren't fun enough? Anyway, I could go on and on. I have a cancer blog, too - www.cancerismybleep.blogspot.com - if you feel like having a read or getting in touch. Good luck with everything, hopefully something will work out.

Levi said...

I was thinking of all the good things that come in 3s like 3 sheets to the wind, Two (3?) mules for Sister Sarah, 3 Coins in a Fountain. 3 Day mini blinds.
And of course, the trinity.
I like me some Jesus though I don't consider him to be our only comfort and healer or I'd be up sh*t creek.

I'm hoping things are looking a bit better.

kaylin andres said...

3 day mini blinds! the saying must be true, then.